Bolton in Lancashire, more properly Bolton by Bowland to distinguish it from all the other Boltons in the country, is today in the Greater Manchester area.
It received a Mark IV female training tank that arrived by rail on 7th May 1919. Massive crowds gathered to witness its progress.
The handover ceremony took place at a site in Queen’s Park where it stood in an enclosure with a number of captured German guns. It and the guns were sold for scrap in 1931, having been condemned as an unsightly eyesore. It took a month to break them up.