Maidstone is the county town of Kent, located on the River Medway and is unusual in that it received a Mark III tank instead of the usual Mark IV.
It was a female machine and spent the war as a training tank at Bovington, with the War Department number 617 at the back and training number 73 emblazoned on the front.
It arrived by rail on 26 July 1919 and was driven to the Town Hall for the presentation ceremony on the same day. This was conducted by the Mayor and other officials and a military representative. The following morning the tank was started up and driven down to a site alongside the Medway bridge, on the side of the river until July 1936 when, on account of the bridge being rebuilt, it was broken up.